CoverGirl Vitalist Healthy Elixir Foundation and Total Tease Mascara


I love trying out new foundations and there are very few that make my list of go-to foundations. So when I went into Rite Aid last week and seen that CoverGirl had some new products (foundation and a mascara) of course I had to purchase and try it out. 

Now I am very picky with my foundations as is everyone, so my expectations for this one was not high. It sat on my vanity for about a week and one day I thought "I have nothing to do today so why not try out this foundation". 
It went on very nice, has a medium to full coverage, does not feel heavy, did not break down, did not settle into my fine lines and the shade was perfect. 
So far very happy, but what about the wear time? It does not state long wearing or 12 hr, nothing. So I applied it at 10:00am and when I removed my makeup at 8:00pm (10 hrs later) with a makeup remover wipe, I was surprised at how much foundation was still on my face. Alot !!! 


Now this foundation has SPF 20 to protect against the sun and I like that. It is also enriched with vitamins E, B3 and B5. 
When it comes to shades, there were quite a few (14) and they were all sealed so I knew picking out the best shade would be hard. I have learned that the actual product always looks different than the packaging shows. But the display had a tester in shade 710 Classic Ivory. I figured I would be a shade or two deeper than Ivory (because I always am), but it was actually perfect. Maybe it oxidizes a bit, but it worked. 
I have been wearing it daily since that day. I really like a foundation that will stay on all day and still look good when I take it off. It has been in the high 80's and this foundation lasted through me sweating outside with the kids. So I definitely give it a thumbs up. 


Right beside the foundation was this Total Tease mascara. I had watched Tati (Glam Life Guru) on YouTube rave about this mascara and I love a good drugstore mascara so I grabbed it. 


This mascara claims to give full, long, refined and sexy teased lashes. Now I have very light and barely there lashes, so I usually go for the mascaras with the big fat wands because they usually work the best on my lashes.  
But I have to say that I like this mascara quite a bit. It definitely separates my lashes, goes on root to tip with the brush and my lashes look good. And my favorite part is that it comes off easily with soap and water. 
I really like the brush because it is different than all others, the small end part makes it very easy to get those corner lashes. If you wear false lashes, this mascara would be great to blend your natural lashes to your falsies. 
Is it my new holy grail mascara, No !! But it is in my top 5. 


I love searching out new makeup and some of my holy grail items are drugstore brands. I think that the drugstore makeup is right up there with high end products lately. I also think that their prices are starting to get a little high also. These products cost me a total of $23.83 for two items.. That is a bit ridiculous for drugstore prices. But I do give both products a thumbs up.. 

If you have tried these, let me know what your thoughts are and I will talk to you in my next post.

xoxo,
Lori Sloan

#covergirl #totalteasemascara #vitalisthealthyelixirfoundation #drugstoremakeup #newproducts #makeup #beauty #beautyproducts #beautyover50 #maturebeauty 


Benefit Cosmetics LLC

Dr Brandt Skincare

NORDSTROM - Shop Father's Day. FREE shipping and returns.

No comments