Whats New at the Drugstore



I get excited every New Year because all the drugstore makeup brands come out with their new products. And this years products are really exciting. 


There are so many new foundations, eyeshadow palettes and gorgeous lip colors. Every brand from Maybelline, Loreal and Physicians Formula to Cover Girl and more.
I live in a small town and the new products sell out as soon as they hit the shelves, so I am searching and trying to get my hands on everything before it's gone. I know that eventually everything will be in a permanent display, but I just can't wait that long. I WANT IT NOW ! !  We are always the last to get everything and I live an hour from the big city. I have managed to pick up some new products and I will continue to look for more as they are put on the shelves.


I am having a hard time finding the new Wet n Wild products. But I did find this Felt Tip Eyeliner at CVS last week. I am pretty excited to try this out. 

I found this at Walmart on a Maybelline display full of new products. I bought the NUDE shade, but it is way to dark. The foundation is darker than usual because usually any "nude" shade will work for me so I am going to have to return this for a lighter shade. 

I picked up the Revlon Ultra HD Matte lipcolor in the Nude shade at CVS. Very pretty nude shade. 


I also picked up this Wet n Wild Fanatic Cat Eye mascara at CVS. I have a hard time finding mascaras that I really like, so I am hoping this works great.

 I was most excited about getting my hands on these. They are the Maybelline Master Contour kits. I found one at Walmart and the other at CVS. Each kit has a 1)contour, 2)blush and 3)highlight.. It also comes in two shades, light to medium amd medium to dark. I am so excited to give these a try. 

I had no idea that Covergirl had come out with an eyeshadow palette. They actually came out with three. Nudes, Goldens and Roses. I managed to find two of the three in Rite Aid. The packaging says they are as good as a $50 palette. And I have heard on Youtube that these are AMAZING and comparable to the Urban Decay Naked palettes. So I am definately going to have to try them to see if that is true.. 

I picked up this L'Oreal Infallable Pro Contour palette from CVS. It is available in three shades. I went with the light because the contour shade is a taupe color that I love to use. And I am obsessed with anything in the Infallable line. 

I picked up this Revlon Colorstay 2-in-1 compact with foundation and concealer. I was a bit hesitant when I finally found this because the shades were so dark looking. But I bought one of the lighest shades and when I went to use it this morning, I noticed that the darkness was only on top, The actual color was under this thin layer. I wore it today and loved it. I applied it at 5am and when I took off my makeup this evening around 7:30, the coverage was still there. So I am happy with this foundation. 

I found this at CVS next to the new Maybelline foundation and I had to get it. Walmart was sold out and CVS had one. I have watched a few reviews on this and everyone says it is the perfect blender brush for your concealer. So I grabbed the last one.

And this is the Physicians Formula Cushion foundation and I am obsessed with it. I did not think I would like it and the price was high for drugstore ($16.99) but it is a good foundation. And I really like this cushion way of foundation. I would definately suggest buying this if you have a coupon. The new displays have $4 off but someone had taken the coupon off the product. So I paid full price. 

And lastly I bought the L'Oreal Brow Stylist. I purchased this because it reminds me of the Anastasia Brow Wiz. I am obsessed with the ABH Brow Wiz but would love to find a cheaper version. So I have high hopes for this. 

I am excited to try all these new products out and I will definately get back with you and let you know my thoughts on them. I am very excited with the direction that the drugstore makeup is going and I am super excited to find more of the new products. I am really wanting to find the new Wet n Wild products. They look more high end than usual and I love their makeup. 

If you have tried any of these products, let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. And I will talk to you in my next post..

xoxo, Lori

3 comments

M&M FASHION BITES said...

Nice lipcolor :)
BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
Maria V.

lori-loves-fashion said...

Thank you ! !

Sarahkay612 said...

Your photographs are beautiful! I'm a subby on your youtube channel.