Maybelline Foundations Review

I have been on a quest for my holy grail foundation for quite some time and I recently picked up a couple of Maybelline foundations to try out. I have been using them for a few weeks and I don't know if they are my holy grail, but I definately like them alot.

First off I bought the "FIT me" foundation in the shade 220. I always have a hard time picking out my shade and this had me confused since there are 18 shades. But I finally chose the 220 and I really like the way it feels when I wear it, it covers nicely and gives a nice glow. It will last me about 8 hrs before needing to be touched up. 

Then I bought the "Dream Wonder" foundation. I believe it has 12 shades to choose from. It definately reminds me of my Physicians Formula Spotless Foundation. They are both oil based with a runny consistency and the PF has a dropper to dispense the foundation and the Maybelline has a weird wand that you dip into the foundation and drop on your finger (not a fan of it at all). I like the PF dropper idea better. The Dream Wonder blends in for a light to medium coverage, it evens out the texture of my skin and will last about 7-8 hrs before it starts breaking down. I do like it also.








Do you use either of these foundations? What are your thoughts on them? Have you found your holy grail foundation? Let me know in the comments below what you think. 

Thanks for stopping by and I will talk to you in my next post..

xoxo, Lori


4 comments

Shireen L. Platt said...

I have read so many good reviews about these 2 foundations and the disappointing thing is both are not available here in Malaysia. I have no idea why Maybelline Malaysia refuses to carry more products. The same goes to L'Oreal and Revlon. Rimmel was discontinued here because they only stock the most horrible products and no one wants to buy it and I for one know Rimmel has excellent stuff. Sorry for the rant, just frustrated that we are missing out so much. :-(

Raluca L.C. said...

Hi Lori!
I am currently testing the Dream Wonder from Maybelline. It's an ok-ish foundation, but my main concern is that has Alcohol Denat among ingredients and for my skin this is not good at all.
Haven't found my holy grail foundation yet, I'm still searching.
Hugs,
Rally
Rally's Beauty Highway

lori-loves-fashion said...

@Shireen, I hate to hear that all the good stuff is unavailable to you in Malaysia. You can rant to me anytime you need to. Not a problem, Lol.
Hugs, Lori

lori-loves-fashion said...

@Raluca, I am having a tough time finding my holy grail foundation. I have been looking for awhile now. I am really loving the IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation. Loving it a lot actually.

Hugs, Lori