Mini Tarte Makeup Haul and Review

I am always searching for the perfect foundation for myself and I have yet to find it. I have gotten some really good ones, but I have not found my holy grail. Recently I started using the Tarte Maracuja Oil on my face after cleaning with my clarisonic and I just love it. It makes my face so smooth and soft. So last week I was surfing the Sephora website and came across the Tarte Maracuja foundation. So I instantly pulled up the reviews and they were all great. But it was $42 and having not tried it or even sampled it, so I was hesitant on purchasing it. So I continued to read the reviews and someone wrote that if you go to the Tarte website, you could buy it for half off. Instantly I clicked over to http://tartecosmetics.com and there it was for $21.

Tarte Maracuja Miracle Foundation is a long wearing, oil-infused, anti-aging and moisturizing full coverage liquid foundation that is perfect for all skin types and ideal for sensitive, dehydrated, dry or aging skin. The cover is flawless, the staying power performs all day, the feel is silky and it imparts a subtle, dewy finish. And it has SPF 15 sunscreen.

I really love this foundation. I got it in the Light color because the reviews said that the colors were actually a shade darker than normal and the light color was perfect for me. The first time I used it, it just went on so smooth and silky. It gave me a full coverage face that looked natural. The staying power is really great. Once I leave the house for work, it is usually 10 hours before I return home, and my makeup still looks good. The bad news is that I believe they are discontinuing it. So that sucks for me. I would probably buy a backup, but they have expiration dates on the bottom of the bottles and they all expire before 7/20/14. So it would be a waste to but another if its going to expire before I can use it.

Overall it is a great foundation that would be one of my favorites - but it is going away.. :-(

If you know me, I cant just order one item from anywhere, so I also picked up the Airblush Maracuja Blush in shimmering pink. It is such a beautiful pink color that is very pigmented but does not go on to bright. Definately a buildable blush. It is a creamy, long wearing and has a nice powder finish. The blush sells for $25 and I am in love with it. The perfect color for Spring and Summer.


And last but not least, I ordered an eyeshadow that was on sale. It is the Lock & Roll 12-hour eyeshadow. It is a creaseless cream and powder shadow duo. 
The website states that unlike traditional cream shadows that crease and smudge, this new twist on the makeup artist trick is waterproof and creaseproof. The matching loose shadow in a roller ball applicator easily glides over cream shadow to lock color in and add luminosity so color lasts all day. 
I bought it in the Rose Gold shade and I really wanted to love it, but it seems that the cream shadow is almost dried out, the Roller ball color was nice. Luckily I only paid $10 for it.. Love the color tho.

lock & roll creaseless cream & powder eyeshadow duo


I love using Tarte Cosmetics and I really like the Maracuja oil line. Considering that anti-aging products are important to me. If you use any of this line, let me know below what you use. I am always ready to try something good based on someones review.

maracuja:  rich in essential fatty acids (EFAs) known to replenish, rebuild, and brighten skin; maracuja gives the appearance of brighter skin; powerful anti-aging elixir promotes active skin recovery and rejuvenation.


                                                         XOXO - Lori

2 comments

Anonymous said...

Great review Lori! I love Tarte as well!

lori-loves-fashion said...

Hi Kendra, I am becoming a Tarte fan all over again.. How is the weather down there. It was 70 degrees yesterday and right now we have sleet and snow falling. Ugh ! !