BB -vs- CC cream.. What Is the Difference??

Is anyone else as confused as I am on what the BB and CC creams are for? I didn't know if it went on under my foundation or was I suppose to wear it instead of my foundation. So I did some research online and asked a lot of beauty gurus to get my answers.
The letters "BB" stand for beauty (or blemish) balm and is used mostly as a tinted moisturizer. The BB cream moisturizes your skin, preps your skin for makeup like a primer does, reduces shine, covers up minor imperfections and contains sunscreen with anti-aging ingredients.
I bought the Garnier BB cream when this all started and absolutely hated it. It made my face so oily. So I figured that I had wasted all my time researching something that I would never use. Then one day I tried the Physicians Formula BB powder and fell in love. I put it on and it covered my face so well. You would think that I had foundation on.

But wait... Now we have this new item called a CC cream.. And everything has now went to new level of the alphabet.  What do I do with this or how do I wear it? Does it go over the BB or what? The letters "CC" stands for color corrective and offers much more coverage than the BB, so you can use it as a light foundation. It contains a skin brightening primer, moisturizer and sunscreen and has  anti-aging ingredients and sometimes collagen boosters. It also does as it says and corrects your complexion. If you suffer from dark spots or acne, the CC cream will help even out your skin tone.
Well a few days ago I received a tube of CC cream from Studio Gear Cosmetics and I have been wearing it everyday instead of my foundation. I love this stuff. It goes on smooth and makes my face look flawless. I have had two different people at work tell me that my makeup looks so smooth and that is because I was wearing the BB cream. It has micro-encapsulated pigments that deliver a fresh dose of color that adapts to your own skin tone creating the most natural looking coverage. It is a lighweight oil free cream and provides up to 72 hours of continuous hydration.
So what comes next? Will there be a DD or EE cream? I won't make it if they go through the entire alphabet. Lol...

If you are interested in trying out a good CC cream, try the Studio Gear Cosmetics brand. I highly recommend it. Just click HERE to go to their website and when you checkout use code: SGCC for a 10% discount off your entire order..




Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog and if you haven't started following my blog yet, please click on the PINK followers button on the top right of my page. Also, if you haven't checked out my YouTube channel yet, please go and subscribe Here.

xoxo - lori loves fashion



1 comment

Anonymous said...

I have wondered this as well! Thank you for sharing:) very useful info:)